2.05.2008

Fat Tuesday Popovers

With a nod to the notion of excess that now marks this day (certainly my German cultural heritage did not allow for such a frivolity as Mardi Gras), I post one of the recipes I feel most guilty making. Not that the ingredients are that sinful. No...No, it is the rich butter and honey I slather and drench them with rather all too freely, and without regard for my cholesterol and glucose levels. So easy and impressive!

Fat Tuesday Popovers
3 eggs
1 C of Milk (I usually use what's in the fridge 2%)
1 C of Flour
1/2 tsp Salt

  • Lightly mix (not scramble) the eggs with the milk
  • Then simply wisk in the salt/flour mixture till smooth.
  • As most recipes say: Do not over mix.
  • Let batter rest for 10 mins.
  • Fill oiled Jumbo Muffin Pan (6 slot) (I'm using one of those new silicon ones)

Bake 450ยบ for 30 mins.
Eat immediately
slathered with butter and honey!

(Posted by SaucyMama logged in accidentally as SaucyBBQ)

No comments: