6.19.2008

I Say Clematis...


Clematis, with the 'a' spoken like the 'a' in apple, is the Midwestern pronunciation. I planted this Jackmanii next to an orange Trumpet Vine in anticipation that the Clematis would weave in and out of the trumpets.


The Clematis though likes to weave itself to the driveway side of the fence and display itself there. Of course that's where the sun first shows it face....and I'm wondering if all my flowers lean toward the East?


The trumpets are in bud, but look like their a week away from blooming. The other day, I spotted a returning hummingbird checking for blooms.

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

I pronounce it that way,too. Must have been from my Omaha days. Here it's climb-a-tiss.

Life's a Stitch said...

Now that I read that it doesn't look how it sounds. The accent is on the climb.